Sunday, April 27, 2008

A few more details

I have more of an idea about when Awesomefest will happen, etc. I am thinking either August 9th or August 23rd, which falls on a Saturday. I am also thinking July 1st will be the pre-registration deadline. This means all fees will be paid and your tattoo sketches will have to be in to the artist.

I am excited about a couple new possibilities for Awesomefest this year. I am talking to some of the kind folks of Junctionview Studios in Grandview about hosting Awesomefest this year. They already have a relationship with Considerbiking.org, with whom I would love to form an alliance. They, by the way, are currently promoting Bike to Work Week (see more info here: http://www.considerbiking.org/site/cb/b2ww.php).

Also, some of you have heard of Nathan Ober of the P2 (Pedal Power) fame. Check out the site here:
http://www.p2cycles.com/

I talked to him a bit yesterday about using his brilliant cycle-uloid piece of machinery to power our movies during Awesomefest. In order to do this we would probably need to have three more bikes to run the five films. Each of his bikes cost about $300 to manufacture and so ideally we could raise enough support that we could commission three new P2 cycles be made.

I will be hitting the streets over the next month to start raising sponsors. Look for an article in the Columbus Alive in the next couple months once more details are locked down. The Other Paper wrote a brief piece on Awesomefest in last weeks issue. And again, I would love to hear ideas from you. If you think your work could donate anything (food, money, goody bag items, etc) shoot me an email. And spread the word! Without you this won't be much.

-Nick

No comments: